Access Control System
An access control system is a system that controls who is allowed to enter or access a building, room, or other physical space, as well as when and how they are allowed to do so.
These systems can be used to ensure the security of a location and protect against unauthorized access. They can also be used to track and monitor the movement of people within a building or other facility. The most common access control systems use identification methods such as key cards, biometric data, or a combination of both.
Types of Access control system
There are several types of access control systems, including:
- Discretionary Access Control (DAC) – Users are assigned access rights by a system administrator and have discretion over who is granted access to a resource.
- Mandatory Access Control (MAC) – Access is determined by the system based on the sensitivity of the resource and the clearance level of the user.
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) – Users are assigned roles, and access is determined by the users’ roles and the permissions associated with those roles.
- Rule-Based Access Control (RBAC) – Access is determined by a set of rules, which specify conditions under which a user or group of users is granted access to a resource.
- Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC) – Access is determined by the user’s attributes and the policies that are in place.
- Context-Based Access Control (CBAC) – Access is determined by the context in which the user is requesting access, such as location, time of day, or the device being used.
- Hybrid Access Control Systems – Various of the above combined to reach multiple requirement and security needs
The choice of an access control system will depend on the specific requirements of the organization and the resources being protected.
Door access control system
A door access control system is a system that is used to control and restrict access to a building or area through the use of doors. These systems typically include a control panel, card readers, keypads, and door locks.
There are several types of door access control systems, including:
- Card-based systems – which use cards or fobs with a magnetic strip or proximity chip that must be presented to a card reader in order to gain access.
- Keypad-based systems – which require a user to enter a code or use a biometric feature such as a fingerprint to gain access.
- Biometric systems – which use fingerprints, facial recognition, or other biometric data to verify the identity of the person attempting to gain access.
- Intercom systems – which allow a person to request access through a speaker and microphone at the door, and allows for remote release of the door lock
- Electronic lock system – that use electric or electronic means to lock and unlock the door.
Many systems will have a combination of different authentication methods.
The level of security and the features offered by door access control systems vary widely depending on the system, it could be simple systems such as a keypad on a door, or complex networked systems that are integrated with other security systems such as CCTV and alarm systems.
Access Control System Price in Dubai
The price of an access control system in Dubai can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the type of system, the level of security required, and the number of doors or access points that need to be controlled.
Simple standalone systems for a single door can start from around AED 1,600 to AED 6,000.
A more advanced multi-door system with features such as time-based access, different access levels, and integration with other security systems, can cost from AED 11,000 to AED 31,000.
Biometric systems, such as facial recognition, fingerprint, or iris scanners, can add additional costs to the system, and they may cost anywhere from AED 6,000 to AED 21,000, depending on the technology and the level of complexity.Contact us
It’s important to note that the cost also depends on the size of the facility and the number of access points and users to be controlled. It’s always recommended to have a free consultation with a service provider, in order to get the right solutions that fit your budget and your needs.
ZKTeco Access Control Price in Dubai
ZKTeco is a global manufacturer of access control systems and biometric devices, their products range from basic standalone systems to more advanced networked systems with a variety of features. The cost of a ZKTeco access control system can vary depending on the specific system and its features, as well as the number of doors or access points that need to be controlled.
A basic standalone ZKTeco access control system for a single door can start from around AED 1,500 to AED 5,000, including the cost of the hardware and installation.
A more advanced multi-door system, with features such as time-based access, different access levels, and integration with other security systems, can cost from AED 10,000 to AED 30,000.
Fingerprint or facial recognition devices and readers, can add additional costs to the system, and they may cost anywhere from AED 2,000 to AED 7,000, depending on the technology and the level of complexity.
Again, it’s important to note that the cost depends on the size of the facility and the number of access points and users to be controlled. It is always recommended to consult with a service provider to get the right solutions that fit your budget and your needs.